- 5 Days
- Interactive Lecture Format With Hands-On Lab
- Vendor Neutral
- Additional Topics Include:
Fibre Channel, iSCSI, IP Storage, Virtualization, DAS, NAS, ILM,
LAN-FREE Backup, Snapshots, Backup
The SAN Boot Camp is a 5-day accelerated course by Infinity I/O that provides comprehensive, vendor-neutral exposure to SAN solutions and supporting technologies, such as Fibre Channel, iSCSI, and IP storage. Students learn about protocols, standards, management practices and tools, and SAN-design and implementation considerations.
Class discussions cover a wide range of topics, including the capabilities and limitations of the various supporting technologies and SAN management in enterprise environments, while a hands-on lab allows students to apply their knowledge of the Fibre Channel protocol; gain experience with component installation and configuration; build a simple SAN fabric; and explore SAN management applications.
This course is designed for technical professionals seeking an accelerated learning path that includes both conceptual knowledge of Fibre Channel SAN technologies and hands-on experience in heterogeneous SAN environments.
- Basic technical understanding of networking and storage concepts and terminology
- Experience managing Windows 2000 or Unix systems
- The capabilities and limitations of various supporting technologies and SAN management in enterprise environments
- Component installation and configuration
- Building a simple SAN fabric
- SAN management applications
The class aids in Storage Networking Industry Association
(SNIA) certification exam preparation. Prior to SNIA's current review
and pending changes to their certification exam structure and for reference
purposes only, this course was an excellent preparatory aid towards:
- SNIA Storage Network Foundations exam (S10-100)
- Resulting certification: SNIA Certified Professional
- SNIA Storage Networking Management/Administration exam (S10-200)
- Resulting certification: SNIA Certified Systems Engineer